There are many "Why's" that are not wasted and must certainly be addressed. But there are "why's" that sometimes torment us and cause great distress. These are “why’s” that wake us up at night and hide the Spring sunshine.
This interactive presentation will respond to the wasted “why.” Joining Olive will be participants that will offer us an opportunity to learn and grow together as we learn how to deal with this new reality and these new “Wasted ‘Why’s’” We will address such areas as Active Listening, Assertiveness Training, Boundary Setting, Social Justice and Recycling.
In the petri dish of shared discussion and shared resources, we will find new coping strategies and, hopefully, be better able to enjoy the Spring sunshine.
This presentation is limited to 15 participants to maximize the experience. Participants will receive an e-mail with a link to the Zoom call on Tuesday afternoon, May 26. (Be sure to check your SPAM folders for this link, too!) The presentation will be recorded to be viewed at a later date.
Olive Poliks is director of the Olive Branch of Stress Management and Conflict Mediation, a chaplain at Edward Hospital and a certified counselor. Olive is a facilitator with the Lifelong Learning Institute at Waubonsee Community College.
Some things to know:
You, the audience, will be live when you sign into Zoom
- Please silence cell phones and any other noise that may be heard in the background
- To see everyone in this presentation, click on the GALLERY VIEW. Click on the SPEAKER VIEW to see only the speaker during the presentation
- GALLERY View is recommended for this presentation since this is an interactive discussion.
- Please be sure that your MUTE and VIDEO buttons are set so that your reactions and comments can be seen and heard.
- The event will start at approximately 9:00 a.m.